Pages

Saturday 3 March 2012

New Things

Following on from January's list of new stuff, I kept it up for February and I was surprised to see the list is not shorter than January's (the opposite, in fact) - considering I've been back at work since the start of the month and consequently had less free time for doing fun stuffs. Some of them are, admittedly, a little more 'minor' (boring, unimportant, tedious... Whatever you wanna call it) than all the new things I did in January, but new is new and they're all experiences, right?


☼ Wandered round Harvey Nichols (felt like I didn't *quite* belong here..)
☼ Tried mee goreng (meh)
☼ Bought a pair of proper walking boots
☼ Visited Sandal Castle
☼ Went to Red Hot Buffet (omg - amazeballs)
☼ Ate sushi (not for me)
☼ Built a snowman
☼ Went sledging (I have done this before but not since I was tiny, so for the purpose of this list it's the first time I've been sledging *as an adult*!)
☼ Signed up to a dating website (!)
☼ Went on a date with someone from said website
☼ Shared rum with some randoms, awesome people I happened to share a train carriage with
☼ Tried a Kir Royale (yum)
☼ Tried a chai tea latte (a grower)
☼ Went on a night out in a town I'd never been to before
☼ Drove my friend's Land Rover Defender. This was with the intention of learning to tow a trailer in it, and I'm dead excited - I felt totally boss driving such a large, unforgiving vehicle! I hope to report back on this more in future, as I'm really keen to learn to tow.
☼ Read four new books: The Diary of a Madman, A Hungarian Quartet, One Hundred Years of Solitude and A Tale of Two Cities
☼ Watched four new films: Prozac Nation, Elizabethtown, Stealing Beauty and Midnight in Paris (would especially recommend the latter two - so wonderful)

No comments:

Post a Comment