Pages

Friday 3 February 2012

Ta-Dah!


Woohoo, no stupid shoe to wear any more! I am free to walk around normally, though I can't get back to my horse riding for another two weeks just to be on the safe side. It's really strange walking now, my hips feel unlevel as the shoe I had to wear had quite a high wedge. There is also no strength in my calf whatsoever, I am actually having to learn how to walk all over again! It's quite bizarre, I find I'm paying much more attention to the biomechanics of simple things like going upstairs because it feels so alien!

To celebrate my new freedom I went out for a drive and a short walk - hence the stompy walking boots above. I bought them yesterday, straight after my final appointment at the hospital, and they were nicely supportive for my little sojourn to Sandal Castle.

Also, the hat is pretty awesome, no? I love how ridiculous these animals hats are, and I don't care if they look a little childish, I had to have one. :D And I certainly couldn't say no when it was only £3 from a charity shop!

hat - charity shop // jumper - Primark // jeans - Topshop // boots - Go Outdoors

In the interests of something none foot-related, here are some pictures of Sandal Castle - it's not the most exciting of castles I've ever been to, but I'd never been before and that's as good a reason to go to something as any, in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment