Pages

Friday 23 March 2012

Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake (Or, the wonder-ness that is chocolate Philadelphia)

Firstly, apologies for the recent absence. I've actually been really busy in the real world, having a social life - I know, right. I spent the week before last going out nearly every single night, which is totally unlike me - I don't remember having this many friends but I am welcoming it with open arms. I also spent the last week staying with family and having a generally excellent time all round.
Anyway. So, chocolate Philadelphia. You may have heard of it, maybe not. I feel like I need to share this with everyone I come across, like a cheesy-chocolatey missionary (snigger). It's seriously so good, it tastes like heaven. Also, I particularly love how on the tub it's making a big deal of how it's only 86 calories per serving - and then you realise that 'a serving' is like, a fifth of the tub. Whatever. Trust me, you are not going to be able to stop at a fifth of a tub once you get going.

Personally, I like scooping this stuff straight out of the tub with rich tea biscuits or Hobnobs. However, I did actually make something with it last weekend, as part of my three-course taste spectacular for Mother's Day. Okay, it was cheesecake, very original, but never mind.


Nil points for presentation, I'm afraid. As I kind of winged this I don't know any amounts, though I used about 3 biscuits per glass, and a tub-and-a-bit of Philadelphia between them.
  • Crush biscuits (your choice... Digestives are always good) in a bag with a rolling pin.
  • Melt butter in a bowl, tip biscuits into bowl and mix.
  • Press mixture into glasses and put in fridge to set.
  • Spread Philadelphia over biscuit mixture, top with whipped cream and a drizzle (does that picture look like a 'drizzle to you? Whatever) of raspberry sauce.

I then repeated Sunday's success by making a large version for my cousins whilst I was staying with them this week.. I replaced the raspberry sauce with frozen raspberries this time, which I think tasted even better. Normally frozen soft fruits aren't so nice, they seem to taste a lot more sour than their fresh counterparts; however, I think on this occasion they contrasted nicely with the sweetness of the chocolate.

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid by Philadelphia to write this post, I just think it's the best thing I've ever eaten. Feel free to shout at me if you disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment