Pages

Monday 2 January 2012

a nice way to spend a bank holiday + what i wore

Even though every day feels like a bank holiday for me, I've been off work for a month now.

I went to an antiques and collectibles fair in Halifax today. I've never been to one before but I would like to start collecting a few bits and pieces at some point - especially when I eventually have my own place. I loved it; I adore car boot sales, so this was basically an upgraded version, and indoors as well so no freezing my socks off/getting drenched. I was expecting a lot more high-end stuff but there was plenty of random tat, just the way I like it!

Here are some photos of a few things I was drooling over.



pretty jewellery


 cute typewriter


vintage sewing magazines





I didn't have much of a budget today, having bought a new laptop as a Christmas present to myself I am having to be strict with myself until the end of the month. However, as I said above there was a surprising amount of affordable items, so I was able to buy a couple of things. I of course homed in on the bargain £1 boxes of jewellery like the bargain-hunter I am!

'pearl' ring, £1


bangle, £1


bangle no. 2, also £1


my favourite purchase of the day, this ladybird purse! It has a little zip on the other side of it, but I'm not going to use it; it's too delicately beaded for that. A bargain at a mere £2, and I shall add it to my growing collection of ladybird-related objects.



dress: George at Asda // belt: Primark // right shoe (!): H! by Henry Holland




wish my spots would go away!

The dress has such a pretty print, I love it; easily the nicest thing I've seen in Asda in a long time. I dyed my hair red yesterday; I've had blonde highlights for many years and before that I was my natural colour (medium brown), so it was a big change for me! Unfortunately my hair is so long and thick there wasn't quite enough dye to evenly do all of my hair (or maybe my mum did a rubbish job for me - I got her to do it seeing as I'd never dyed my hair before, perhaps it serves me right!) so the ends at the back of my head are more brown than red. But it's only semi-permanent so it won't be too long before I can re-dye it. And, as shown above, I can still wear my beloved red lipstick (something I was a bit worried about)!

No comments:

Post a Comment