Pages

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Recent acquisitions

This month was the first salary in many years where I have had a large amount of disposable income.. No rent or bills any more, woo! So I decided to treat myself and buy quite a few new clothes. There are some more winging their way to me via courier too. I will be reining my spending in the New Year though!



This shirt is part of my Primark haul. I'm not ashamed to admit I love Primark, and they do have some really nice stuff in at the moment. I've worn this shirt already, tucked into my high-waisted flared jeans with my hair loose, 70's style.




Another Primark purchase. I haven't worn this yet, and although I like it a lot, I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I feel a bit too androgynous in it for my liking, even though it's pink; I think because of the high collar. It doesn't look quite right with my high-waisted jeans because they're a light shade of blue, and this needs something darker. Possibly a black pencil skirt, I'm thinking a bowler hat to finish it off?




My first ever purchase from Forever21, from when I was in London. I was determined to buy something in that shop, even though my budget was limited! I did see a few things I liked but surprisingly nothing really stood out. I took this dress to the fitting room on a whim but it fits really nicely, and looks quite retro on me. It feels almost a little bit too long (which is something I don't normally say about dresses and skirts!) but that's okay because I won't be scared to wear it in the summer!




I've loved this dress from H&M from afar for quite a while, and the day I got paid I went and bought it straightaway. I'm loving all the lace that's around at the moment, and it's such a pretty shade of purple. I think it will be quite easy to wear, I can picture plenty of outfit combinations it would look nice with.




Another H&M purchase, a bit of an impulse buy. You can't see so well in the above picture but the black specks are tiny black stars. Although it's a little short, it looks really cute on and is nice and fitted. I will just be careful to wear it with nice thick black tights!




I bought this from New Look, along with a t-shirt which I haven't posted here because I'm wearing it right now! (I don't have a way of taking outfit pictures at the moment, plus they'd look rubbish as I can't stand up straight because of an operation I had on my foot last week)
Another lace dress to add to the growing collection, I can't get enough of them! It looks pretty drab on the hanger and not very fitted, but it looks a lot better on, more shaped although the top is supposed to be quite loose . It came with a cheap-looking belt in a similar shade of blue which I most likely won't wear; I've got a thin white patent belt which I think would look much nicer with this.




I love this top so hard, it's definitely my favourite recent purchase. I would wear this every day if I could, it just looks and feels so awesome. What's not to like about sequins and a panda face? This is from Jane Norman, which I very rarely buy from because the majority of their clothes I feel are a bit... tacky? Generic cheap-feeling acrylic jumpers, too-tight skirts and dresses and rather low-cut tops tend to be the standard. However, every now and again I see something in there that is so unlike their usual fare, I actually wonder if they have a junior buyer or something who only occasionally gets their picks chosen and has my taste in awesome clothes (I really have no idea how fashion buying works). This is a kind of stretchy material but it's really light; again, I wore it with my high-waisted jeans and I felt all kinds of awesome in it :D





Another surprisingly good item from Jane Norman. I've had my eye on this dress as soon as it came out in the middle of summer, it's got a lovely vintage look to it and the fit is really flattering. It's been in the sale for quite a while and I was praying it would still be in stock when I got paid; thankfully it was, and not only that but it had another £2 knocked of it - bargain! I wore this last week for my (first ever) blind date and, while sadly the dress didn't make me have any romantic feelings that evening, I did feel lovely in it and at least made up for the crushing disappointment.





I had a 25% discount voucher to use at Oasis, so I wandered in last week to use it before it expired. I had wanted to buy their Look Magazine party dress, a gorgeous hot pink lace number with a ribbon/belt sash thing round the waist. Unfortunately, they only had a size 12 left and that was just a bit too big for me round the shoulders, so I had to hand it back with much regret. After much hobbling round the rails on my crutches I decided on this dress; I like its mod-ish look, although it feels quite a lot smarter than the things I would normally wear - or maybe that's just because it's black? I don't wear a lot of black clothes, they're normally too serious for me. Due to this, I'm not sure if I'll get a lot of wear out of it, but I like it all the same.




I bought these from Tesco on a whim; my reasoning is that my only other pair of leopard-print shoes feel a bit too summery as they're made of a sort of canvas material - plus they will undoubtedly fall apart pretty soon, being a Primark purchase, so my justification for the above pair is that I'm pre-empting the demise of my older shoes. That's ok, right? And anyway, a girl can never have too many leopard-print items.. or maybe not....

The below are not purchases, but birthday presents from my dear family last week. They were both on my wish list posted a while ago, and I had nudged my parents in the right direction of their locations ;)



I love these shoes so much, they're just fantastic. I love all the horse-related pieces that have been around lately, I've wanted to buy them all and build up a little collection but that might be weird. I was lucky to get them as they were on sale at Debenhams and sold out pretty quickly. I haven't dared to wear them yet as they're suede and it's been absolutely pouring it down with rain the last few weeks, but I aim to rectify that as soon as possible.




 Another horse-related gift, I'm on a roll. It's quite a thin belt, thinner than I'd normally wear but I just love the horse on it. I'm actually not quite sure what to wear it with; I think a plain-ish dress would be best so the horse can stand out, but I don't have many of those! I will have to have a rummage through my rails to see what I can find.

Other recent purchases include; Soap & Glory EDT (love love love), sparkly Models Own nail polish (was in love with the shade at first but the crush is now over), underwear from Primark and Topshop, sparkly star-shaped hair grips, a leopard-print sparkly fluffy dressing gown from Primark, lots of goodies from Lush (Snow Fairy, yay!) and posh chocolates from Hotel Chocolat - yumyumyum.

No comments:

Post a Comment